Last minute ideas for a Mock retirement party???

I agree... i am disgusted by this company!
I think they can say they dont have to pay him unemployment because he refused the "other" (lower paying) job they offered him. If you refuse a job they can deny you unemployment benefits..
Bunch of BS if you ask me..
hmm.png

He can fight it... but he probably wont win because they did offer him a job...
Sneaky turds...
I DO now know employment law and he has a right to is benefits. HE paid into them!!!! I do not think that because he may have refused a lower paying job, they can withhold benefits. Only if the company fights it, which is just stupid because the premium costs that increase are sooooo not that much!!!

I DO now know employment law and he has a right to is benefits.  HE paid into them!!!!  I do not think that because he may have refused a lower paying job, they can withhold benefits.  Only if the company fights it, which is just stupid because the premium costs that increase are sooooo not that much!!!

I dont know.. you may be right! :) They can be funny... some things they let go through... and other things they fight. Like once i asked my job for a leave of absence because we had an outbreak of scabies.. :sick (nursing home)... I had a 95 year old grandma at home that i was taking care of that was allergic to a med in the scabies lotion.(sulfer )..So if i brought home scabies she would be at risk..
PLUS i was getting married in 2 weeks... NO way in heck i was risking catching that! lol So i asked for a leave of absence until it was cleared up in their facility... (which you really cant do in the health care field.. cause thats your job...lol) so anyway, they denied me... and i told them that i wasnt coming back in then...
They fought my unemployment claim.. but i won because i DID ask for a leave of absense and they denied me...
But they(unemployment folks) told me if i had just quit my job... i would not have been able to collect..
So you never know what they'll do..

But it sounds like Walgreens has hired lawyers and covered their butts... pisses me off.. :/

Last edited:
I wouldnt expect anything less from walgreens at this time...company REALLY is doing hundreds of ppl wrong in this...

ugh...

You know what kills me about companies that fight unemployment benefits? It doesn't change a thing. The rate is set by the state, no matter how many or how few claims there are, the rate stays the same. I think many employers are just mean. Either that or incredibly misinformed.

My hubby is waiting for his pink slip from G&D Integrated....sucks big time. He might be able to get UE but who knows anymore. Companies are downsizing, streamlining, and with RX companies, you might get your meds in the mail! What if they didn't come in or very late, you are at the mercy of skipping very important RX drugs.

Wish you all the best. I don't like my Walgreens but they refill my RX ok. I go to the one off the main drag between Main and Water streets.

Back
Top Bottom