Last new additions for this year: EEs and BMs

Nov 7, 2021
Lyric's World
A couple of weeks ago our last additions arrived, all pullets. We opted for 12 black australorps and three black marans. The paper that arrived with them said the marans have orange on their necks (I think it was orange). Welll, I don't see it, LOL. I am sure as they mature we will know the BAs from the marans. As long as everyone lays eggs really it doesn't matter who is what. They sure a cute as lil chicks now though.

Attachments

• image000002(22).jpg
    image000002(22).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image000003(15).jpg
    image000003(15).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image000001(32).jpg
    image000001(32).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
Pretty hard to tell apart at this age. Look for leg feathering on your little Marans. The copper won't come in for a few weeks yet.
Cute babies. You picked two very good breeds, I have both. Wishing you very dark chocolate eggs in your basket.

ETA.. what's the little cream chick?

Last edited:
Pretty hard to tell apart at this age. Look for leg feathering on your little Marans. The copper won't come in for a few weeks yet.
Cute babies. You picked two very good breeds, I have both. Wishing you very dark chocolate eggs in your basket.

ETA.. what's the little cream

ETA.. what's the little cream chick?
Easter egger Frizzle named Bo Peep.

Our EE Frizzles. One appears to be smooth which kinda kicks rocks. For some reason I thought purchasing from the hatchery if I paid the Frizzle price that all would present. Apparently that is not the case.

I had done research and read about percentages, but for some reason figured ordering from the pros they had a way of making sure customers got the frizzle. Oh well. As long as she lays next year (if anything like our last year birds perhaps at the end of this year).

Attachments

• image000002(23).jpg
    image000002(23).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image000001(33).jpg
    image000001(33).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image000000(114).jpg
    image000000(114).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom