Last night, I had a dream....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by wbruder17, Nov 11, 2011.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I actually collected more than 3 eggs one day. And I was VERY excited. There were two up on the shelf where the younger hens used to lay their eggs. And there were about 3-4 in the nest boxes. I dusted them all off and marveled at their sizes.

Looking in my refridgerator just now, I see we only have 2 eggs. I thought, hm... I could have sworn I had a bunch more eggs. (There is just me and the dh in the house, and he diidnt cook any).

I have 20 hens and have been gettin g no more than 3 eggs a day for, it seems like FOREVER now. Molting, yes, yes, I know.

But to actuually DREAM about getting eggs. Crazy. Chickens ave completely ttaken over my life, both in the conscious and the sub-conscious.

2. simplysophie

simplysophie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    Last night I had a dream that a gorilla was loose from the zoo and ripped apart our chickens........................ I wish I could have happy chicken dreams.

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    I have chicken dreams too - usually really mundane ones about moving their tractor around. I dreamed last night that I saved one from the jaws of a coyote, and then they were all playing in a big puddle [​IMG]

4. Justhatched

Justhatched Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    I had a dream last night that I was washing chicks and ducklings. I don't know why I was washing them. They weren't dirty.[​IMG]:lau

5. KaitlynChick55

KaitlynChick55 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    Calumet, UP of MI
    I had a dream once, that a coyote/fox thing got into the chick pen in my backyard, and i got out as soon as it was leaving. it attacked me, i killed it, and heard peeping, cut it open, and got all of the babies out of the stomach, and they were all still alive. like, what the heck, right? lol.

6. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    I had a dream that I had 12 chicks, I can't remember all the breeds, but I had a RIR and a silkiexmacaw (Weird, right?) It had a silkie body and macaw beak and tail.
    Then, my dad sent me to some kind of daycare thing in the army in the middle of a war, which was really weird.
    I was only there for a day, but when I went back, my chickies were almost grown up, and kept escaping the brooder and going to the war place.
    It was really weird! Then the silkie macaw started talking...

7. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Great thread to start on weirrd chicken dreams!
    I don't recall many specifics with mine but my first dream of my chickens was my one roo was perching on my bedroom ceiling but he was huge, like the size of a st. bernard huge! My second dream was that vampires were attacking my chickens. I better stop watching weird movies before bed![​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Last night I had a dream that Gritty's Trahmas invaded my back yard and started breeding like [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG].

Truly horrifying. [​IMG]

9. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:[​IMG]. Yea. Those Naked Necks are not the best dream materiial. They are pretty scary!

10. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Quote:[​IMG]. Yea. Those Naked Necks are not the best dream materiial. They are pretty scary!

Waaa?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by