Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
I've got the incubator running and 42 eggs ready to go. I can't wait to set them all tomorrow!
Good luck! Setting them and hatch are my favorite parts!

My indian runner duck eggs were on day 9 of incubation yesterday and I candled them. All 10 eggs had veins and a small dark spot that moved-- picture perfect fetal ducklings.
Congrats on those! You must have some good eggs! Maybe you will have an amazing 100% hatch rate on your first shot back!
celebrate.gif

Down to four eggs. Every day is a learning experience.
Sorry you lost a few eggs...You are right it is a learning experience~ It should be labeled Incubation science....because there are a lot of little nuances to hatching that you would have never known if you hadn't tried this new adventure. I have had some really bad experiences and then some equally great ones! Hang in there and hopefully in a couple weeks you will have 4 new peeps!

I am having incubation issues with the cold. We were at -25 yesterday and I can't get my room temps up high enough to stabilize the incubator. I attempted to insulate it a bit. I had a low temp of 97 for a few hours but, I am always optimistic on on incubator low than I am a heat spurt.

Happy hatching all!

Day 13 of incubation for the Marans eggs and things a bit clearer (maybe not the best choice of word but never mind!
big_smile.png
)

Candled them again and found 2 clears in the 24 eggs. So....full steam ahead to the big hatch day a week on Thursday for me!

This has been a bad falling winter for me... lots of snow! the week before I got this back bruise, I banged my leg, then I fell again about a week ago landed on my butt, today I just banged my funny bone and my upper right arm, all on the way to the coop. (I don't have a problem if I am not carrying anything) but winter is almost over right?

WE MADE IT!!!!! Only lost power for about 45 minutes!!! Both eggs going strong. Wicked excited. The day 17 egg is filling nicely with a good air cell. The day 13 egg is very active too, webbies are paddling away!! The day 13 egg is a complete mystery. I don't know who mom or dad is!! But at least part of the baby has dark feathers!!!
Weather looks stable to the end of both hatches!!!

Back
Top Bottom