Late Pekin Hatch! First Time. PLEASE HELP!!

MichikoSaur

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 29, 2011
Texas
1-April 30
2-May 1
4-May 3

ok so I'm hatching or at least trying to hatch my first pekin eggs.
and I put them in the incubator at different times so their numbered the first batch had 5 one was infertile and the other four have made it to hatching day...sort of. The 4 and 2 are fine. They all started wiggling on they're 27th day. on the 28th the 1's started pecking one was ahead and made a small hole was doing great. the other ones started to crack the eggs and if it wasn't for my help they would still be at that point till today which is the 31st day. I made a hole for them. The one that was ahead died): don't know why. then the others are chirping poking the hole but that's about it. It's a little late, should I help them? Or are they just late hatchers? And when should I help them? I don't want them to die like one did. Any help please? and thanks.

it was about 90.
sorry for the late reply. But three have hatched two are looking healthy but the last one that hatched a few hours later is very weak, his chirps are weak his coat is a dull yellow(I don't know if that has a meaning) and he also hasn't learned to walk I think he had splayed(spraddled) legs so I did this band-aid thing. it's day 1. i really don't want that ducky to die): since he can't walk to feed itself what should I do?

Back
Top Bottom