Latecomer :)

If you really want to discuss/learn genetics drop in on the "Jest another Day in Pear A Dice," thread - she(Tara) has a very interesting way of teaching and showing the expected results. Plus she is super nice

You were right! I couldn't take it so I candled last night. Sure enough, wiggly little chickies in those eggs! Thank you! If you hadn't said anything I would never have even turned the incubator back on.

I've never had a power failure, I'm more used to dealing with heat spikes which are usually hopeless once the eggs heat up.

Are faverolles Roos fairly quiet?
What breed tends to have the quietest roosters?
My neighbors don't mind roosters but if I start a breeding project I would have several and I don't want to wear out their good will. :)

Edit: I think I worded that wrong. I know every rooster is going to crow but I figure roosters with a less competitive temperament will probably do so less frequently. Any breeds that fit the bill for being less competitive or that tend to be super mellow?

Last edited:
Where on here do I rant about stupid people interfering with the wild birds at the park??!!!

It's breeding season for the Canada geese here in Boise Idaho. I took my boys out to a nature park to see the first flowers and the ducks and geese at their best. We were watching a group of four geese having a dispute, I'm not sure if it was two pairs competing for the nest sight or a trio of young ganders competing over a female. I'm thinking it was the former since the/one of the female/s had already chosen a nest site and was not partaking in the contest. One of the other geese was keeping back a bit too. Anyway, we were keeping our distance, just watching to see the outcome when two women come from the opposite direction up the path and one of them decides it's up to her to put a stop to this nonsense! She steps right in the middle of it and shoo's each goose off in opposite directions, scolding them and then stands in front of the goose on her nest and argues with it for a while. Then, when the goose stops trying to warn off this confusing human, the women tells her "now apologize."
:th

Back
Top Bottom