Laundry help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by coloradochick, Jun 18, 2009.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Songster

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    So, we were in Vegas this past weekend in a college showcase softball tournament. For some reason my daughter thought she ought to play around 2nd base several times in this one game (diving back to the base, slipping in the loose dirt on her way to 3rd and literally crawling (scrambling) her way back to 2nd, etc. Anyways, her white pants are red now. The dirt there is red. I've saturated them with Spray-n-wash twice, bleached twice ans still we've got stains!! [​IMG] Is there anything to get them white again?

2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    This won't be helpful...we lived in NC for the past 5 years. red clay everywhere. Things just became stained and I never got it all out. Not all the clorox and spray n' wash in the world would help my son's socks!!!

Good luck.

3. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I have had really good luck with a product called---Goof Off----I use a hard toothbrush. Hope this helps. I think I found it at Walmart,maybe in the paint dept.
    Micah

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I like oxyclean but sometimes not all things can be saved.

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

red clay is NOTORIOUS for staining; some say it is due to the iron oxide in the soil. I've not found anything that will completely remove it, but oxyclean or even rust stain remover will help.

6. keedokes

keedokes Songster

Feb 25, 2009
    Wisconsin
    You could just try putting them out in the sun for a few days...it always works for cloth diapers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have no clue if this will help but I swear this got CRAYON out of an entire load of my clothes!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I soaked them overnight in the washer with hot water (that would probably be a bad idea with the clay though, I would go for cold) and a strong mix of my regular detergent, white vinegar, and tons of baking soda.

8. bradandcas

bradandcas In the Brooder

Not sure if you guys geta product called "Napisan" in the states but i would suggest soaking it in that for 24hrs........ It lifts everything!!! Give it a go

Cheers

Brad

9. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Songster

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Try Iron Out You can get it at Walmart. I use it when my well water leaves that wonderful brownish yue on my white clotes. It takes out just about any rust or iron stains.

10. coloradochick

coloradochick Songster

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Thanks All!!! I'm heading out to the store this morning. You guys are great!

Cara

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: