Laundry help

coloradochick

Songster
12 Years
Dec 19, 2007
Brighton, CO
So, we were in Vegas this past weekend in a college showcase softball tournament. For some reason my daughter thought she ought to play around 2nd base several times in this one game (diving back to the base, slipping in the loose dirt on her way to 3rd and literally crawling (scrambling) her way back to 2nd, etc. Anyways, her white pants are red now. The dirt there is red. I've saturated them with Spray-n-wash twice, bleached twice ans still we've got stains!!
barnie.gif
Is there anything to get them white again?

This won't be helpful...we lived in NC for the past 5 years. red clay everywhere. Things just became stained and I never got it all out. Not all the clorox and spray n' wash in the world would help my son's socks!!!

Good luck.

red clay is NOTORIOUS for staining; some say it is due to the iron oxide in the soil. I've not found anything that will completely remove it, but oxyclean or even rust stain remover will help.

I have no clue if this will help but I swear this got CRAYON out of an entire load of my clothes!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I soaked them overnight in the washer with hot water (that would probably be a bad idea with the clay though, I would go for cold) and a strong mix of my regular detergent, white vinegar, and tons of baking soda.

Back
Top Bottom