Lavender ameracauna with 9 lives.

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
I got this chick from crackle hatchery, I orders 4 and got 5. They were all in good health, except one…..this little guy has 9 lives!! The first week of his life I had to hand feed him and manually give him water, he would not get out of from under the heat and when he laid down he would lay on his side. He would not grow, when the other chicks moved to the other brooder this guy had to stay behind with the new chicks. He just stayed small.

He always looks messy too, like always has. Bad hair day.

Then….he got coccidiosis the worse of all my chicks. They all got it. I cought it quick and always have medication on hand just in case. I had to segregate him to give him extra treatment/drench and monitor him. He pulled through and I can’t fricken believe it.

I also think he’s A he, what do you think? I ordered all hens and I think they snuck in a rooster (which I wanted). What do you think?

Anyways I can’t believe this chicks journey! He was born may 14! He’s banded so I always know who chicken nugget is lol

Attachments

• C125C817-7E60-4890-B2A0-C17EE7AE97DE.jpeg
    C125C817-7E60-4890-B2A0-C17EE7AE97DE.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 99
  • ED7DF93F-86D6-4738-A5CD-9487CD87FE57.jpeg
    ED7DF93F-86D6-4738-A5CD-9487CD87FE57.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 77A7F37C-6264-4721-A9E5-8DE0C57F25D4.jpeg
    77A7F37C-6264-4721-A9E5-8DE0C57F25D4.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 12
I got this chick from crackle hatchery, I orders 4 and got 5. They were all in good health, except one…..this little guy has 9 lives!! The first week of his life I had to hand feed him and manually give him water, he would not get out of from under the heat and when he laid down he would lay on his side. He would not grow, when the other chicks moved to the other brooder this guy had to stay behind with the new chicks. He just stayed small.

He always looks messy too, like always has. Bad hair day.

Then….he got coccidiosis the worse of all my chicks. They all got it. I cought it quick and always have medication on hand just in case. I had to segregate him to give him extra treatment/drench and monitor him. He pulled through and I can’t fricken believe it.

I also think he’s A he, what do you think? I ordered all hens and I think they snuck in a rooster (which I wanted). What do you think?

Anyways I can’t believe this chicks journey! He was born may 14! He’s banded so I always know who chicken nugget is lol
I'm my opinion if you truly want a roo your gonna get a hen if you really really really want a hen you're gonna get a roo or multiple roos. Trust me that's just who it works with me and my neighbors. They got 30 polish chicks and they wanted all hens and over 40% turned out to be roosters. If you want him to be a hen then I also hope you don't get a complete rick roll.

Also my friend got a turkey pullet that got a broken food after flying off a barn roof and recovered, then got cut real bad after a cat attack (the same cat that killed my favorite hen) but it survived only to then almost loose it's life to botfly that died and caused a big bacteria infection that was hidden in feathers but survived. It sadly ended up dieing after the mailman hit it with it truck. Man was Steve the unkillable a crazy turkey who actually fathered a clutch last summer.

A cockerel but wow. That thing has gone through more than my buff Orpington who was paralyzed in one leg and came back then got a bacterial infection than came back. And she’s a year old!
These set of chicks have been a lot of work! I’m currently in the process of rotating my flock. My older birds are not laying as much, they are going to a new home to live there remaining time free ranging. But in that process has been so much work to keep my new flock alive! Stressful haha!

Also my friend got a turkey pullet that got a broken food after flying off a barn roof and recovered, then got cut real bad after a cat attack (the same cat that killed my favorite hen) but it survived only to then almost loose it's life to botfly that died and caused a big bacteria infection that was hidden in feathers but survived. It sadly ended up dieing after the mailman hit it with it truck. Man was Steve the unkillable a crazy turkey who actually fathered a clutch last summer.
That’s crazy!!

I'm my opinion if you truly want a roo your gonna get a hen if you really really really want a hen you're gonna get a roo or multiple roos. Trust me that's just who it works with me and my neighbors. They got 30 polish chicks and they wanted all hens and over 40% turned out to be roosters. If you want him to be a hen then I also hope you don't get a complete rick roll.
Your right!!! Sooo right!!

Back
Top Bottom