Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Foul Stuff, why would anyone be out of chicks this time of year?....Do the hens just stop laying or what...This is springtime, I thought all hens lay eggs this time of year and hatch out chicks.....Why would the breeders be " out for the year"?......I am not trying to be sarcastic in any way so please don't take it that way...I just wonder why there are no more for the year???.....Why is everyone out this time of year other than selling what they have....There are very few places that sell Lavander Americaunas in chicks or eggs....Can you tell me why?
They are booked to capacity . Many start booking orders a year in advance or fall and winter at the latest .

Beth, where are you from?...I am in Texas and I have found a lady who raises Lavs...I am ordering 25 from her , she said they should be here the end of April.....If this falls through I don't know of anyone else either.....But if I do get them, I will certainly let you know....That's about the best I can do for you....Not many lav . Americauna raiser out there.....I may start as there are a lot of people asking for them....

I am from central Pennsylvania

Thank you to all who responded to my post...Just could not realize breeders of Lav. Americaunas would be booked so far ahead....All I can say is I sure hope the lady who is suppose to hatch mine , does and we do get some....Don't know what it is about the large Lavs, all I can say is I think they are just beautiful, and I really like them a lot.....So thank ya'll again for your replies.......Sincerely...Dexterlady

They are booked to capacity . Many start booking orders a year in advance or fall and winter at the latest .

Very true. I sent in my Fowlstuff orders in December. High quality chicks are in high demand, even at fairly high prices. It does pay to deal in quality birds. I ordered from Fowlstuff with the intention of upgrading my "ok quality" blue/black/splash Ams to very high quality Lavenders. Hopefully by this time next year I can supply local fanciers with lavender ams without the need to order 25 and have them shipped. Nothing wrong with shipping them in lots of 25, but the convenience of locally available in whatever quantity you want will open up a whole new market for Lavender Ams that does not exist now. People who would have of settled for something else will be able to have them. For this year, I expect to produce a lot of blues, which is the "next best thing", IMO. A nicely laced blue Am is maybe even prettier than a Lavender (beauty being in the eye of the beholder, of course - I hope that's ok to say on this thread!).

Poultrybonkers, do you plan on selling these chicks if any hatch?....If you do , please contact me....Thanks....Dexterlady

Poultrybonkers, I just noticed you have a variety of different chickens...I am only interested in the Lav. Ameracaunas........Is this what you are hatching?

Foul Stuff, why would anyone be out of chicks this time of year?....Do the hens just stop laying or what...This is springtime, I thought all hens lay eggs this time of year and hatch out chicks.....Why would the breeders be " out for the year"?......I am not trying to be sarcastic in any way so please don't take it that way...I just wonder why there are no more for the year???.....Why is everyone out this time of year other than selling what they have....There are very few places that sell Lavander Americaunas in chicks or eggs....Can you tell me why?
I'm not out of chicks. I'm just Sold Out of some or most by this time of the year. It's kinda what the others already said, but I'll add a little.
I start accepting orders for chicks in June to be shipped the following year...March, April and May. Some of my orders do start coming in, in June and those are on the top of my list. Those that wait until after the 1st of the year to order are near the bottom. I only have room for so many birds and that means limited hatches of chicks. I hate to accept orders for specific varieties and not be able to fill those orders, so when I feel I've gotten enough orders for a variety I say I'm "Sold Out". Of course I should still hatch some more of those varieties and those chicks are included as part of Hatchery Choice & Surplus orders or sold locally as leftovers with my "rejects".
I try to fill the first orders first, but depending on what is ordered and what hatches they don't always get filled first. After I've filled all the orders for specific varieties that I can I start filling Hatchery Choice and Surplus orders if possible. These are great opportunities for some great deals.

Back
Top Bottom