Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
I'm posting updated pic of my lavender Ameraucana, she is 6 1/2 wks old now. I hope she is a she
fl.gif
what do you guys think?? Last time I posted pics some one said her beak should be all black?? Does this make her an EE instead?? She has the slate colored legs and I hatched her from a breeder of Ameraucanas.

I'm posting updated pic of my lavender Ameraucana, she is 6 1/2 wks old now. I hope she is a she
fl.gif
what do you guys think?? Last time I posted pics some one said her beak should be all black?? Does this make her an EE instead?? She has the slate colored legs and I hatched her from a breeder of Ameraucanas.

Pigment comes with age. She'll be fine.

I had thought these two were lavender, but the breeder told me that they were blue splash and should not be mixed with lavender. What is the genetics for lavender? I'm brand, brand new to chickens. I've fallen in love with the color of these two. The one on the left is quite pale. Is their color reasonably correct? (They do not have any yellow tinge to them at all--any in the photo is caused by the late afternoon light combined with dirty chickens that had gotten into some muck when they were wet.) If I do decide to breed, I would want to breed for this color and lavender but don't know the genetics of how to get that color. Thanks.

I had thought these two were lavender, but the breeder told me that they were blue splash and should not be mixed with lavender. What is the genetics for lavender? I'm brand, brand new to chickens. I've fallen in love with the color of these two. The one on the left is quite pale. Is their color reasonably correct? (They do not have any yellow tinge to them at all--any in the photo is caused by the late afternoon light combined with dirty chickens that had gotten into some muck when they were wet.) If I do decide to breed, I would want to breed for this color and lavender but don't know the genetics of how to get that color. Thanks.
You have a pair of splash.Bred together they will only produce splash,bred to black they will produced blue.Lavender is a recessive dilution of black.Two copies turns black to lavender,one copy is black split for lavender.

You have a pair of splash.Bred together they will only produce splash,bred to black they will produced blue.Lavender is a recessive dilution of black.Two copies turns black to lavender,one copy is black split for lavender.

Thank you.

The breeder told me the lavender will only produce lavenders so I would guess his all have two copies of the dilution gene, or is that a given when the lavender color is expressed? When you say, "black split for lavender" do you mean the bird is appears black, but carries a recessive lavender gene?

What happens when you breed a blue to a splash? What is the relationship of the genes of the whole splash/blue/black color?

Thanks so much for everyone's help and advice.

Back
Top Bottom