Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Ok, back by popular demand with updates... here it is - new version 1.2...

That is an interesting thread. My mom is a visual learner, trying to explain something when she can't picture it in her head never works.

Last edited:
I am new so don't laugh at my silly questions please. I have 5 1 week old black and blue chicks. I have 6 Lav and black splits in the bator (only 2 look good
sad.png
). Of course I don't know sexes yet but just thinking here. If I only get to chicks out of my bator and get lucky and at east one is lav. can I breed it to one of my black ones and get more Lav?

I have what was sold to me as a lav split. It is a pretty little black pullet with no muff or beard :/ I am waiting for her to begin laying so I can see if she actually lays blue eggs at least. I have a lav roo too - so theoretically if I breed them I get 50% each split and lav according to that ever so handy dandy chart :D

I have what was sold to me as a lav split. It is a pretty little black pullet with no muff or beard
hmm.png
I am waiting for her to begin laying so I can see if she actually lays blue eggs at least. I have a lav roo too - so theoretically if I breed them I get 50% each split and lav according to that ever so handy dandy chart
big_smile.png
So it doesn't mater their background? Sorry the split thing really throws me
idunno.gif
So lets say I have a black chicken (witch is a split- I take it that means it has the Lav gene) and breed it to a plain black one does that mean I can get Lav color chicks?

So it doesn't mater their background? Sorry the split thing really throws me
idunno.gif
So lets say I have a black chicken (witch is a split- I take it that means it has the Lav gene) and breed it to a plain black one does that mean I can get Lav color chicks?
No. From that mating you will 50% Black and 50% Black Splits. You won't be able to tell them apart except by test breeding.

Last edited:
I am new so don't laugh at my silly questions please. I have 5 1 week old black and blue chicks. I have 6 Lav and black splits in the bator (only 2 look good
sad.png
). Of course I don't know sexes yet but just thinking here. If I only get to chicks out of my bator and get lucky and at east one is lav. can I breed it to one of my black ones and get more Lav?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong -

If you have a black split to blue you don't want to breed that with a lavender because blue and lavender are two different genetics. If the bird is a solid black - that would be ok - but I don't think you can tell if its solid black or black split to Blue

Back
Top Bottom