Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Where would one be able to obtain these wing bands with your name on. THank you, Harry

Just google "Poultry wing bands" ............... Burkey has them ........ just about all the poultry supply houses will have them (you can get colors , numbers & your name on them)

You are very welcome .......... Yes Randall has a good variety of items for us chicken people .

What varieties do you have in the Ameraucanas ? You can email if you want ([email protected])

Thanks
I have Lavender and black splits and one splash cockerel (I bought as a chick from Paul Smith this past spring). I bought lavender chicks from him that was suppose to be my bloodline but only kept 4 of them but they do not look like my stock. I still have my own lavender strain but working on them after I lost my best ones two years in a row to predators. Luckily I still had birds in another area. Otherwise I would have to start over but this time I would use the Australian coronation sussex instead since they are silver based birds and the lavender tail problems{K factor} were already removed from them and their feather quality is good. I added the Coronation Sussex to my lavender Orps and the feather was improved.

Last edited:
I have Lavender and black splits and one splash cockerel (I bought as a chick from Paul Smith this past spring). I bought lavender chicks from him that was suppose to be my bloodline but only kept 4 of them and they do not look like my stock they appear to have OE Game in their background because of the game tails. I still have my own lavender strain but working on them after I lost my best ones two years in a row to predators. Luckily I still had birds in another area. Otherwise I would have to start over but this time I would use the Australian coronation sussex instead since they are silver based birds and the lavender tail problems{K factor} were already removed from them and their feather quality is good. I added the Coronation Sussex to my lavender Orps and the feather was improved.

Sorry to hear about your loss , it's so devastating when we lose our best .

It sounds like you have got it going again .... i hope you the very best with them . It's so good to know there are persons (like You) breeding the Ameraucanas that know what they are doing !!! I'll just wait for you to get them going and if you offer any for sale i will take advantage of it .

I enjoy hearing your assessments and your detailed plans very much .

Thank You

My Lav juveniles are getting hit hard right now by Mareks. I had to cull two pullets yesterday. The Black Ams in the next pen, and the Blues and Lav Splits in the same pen are untouched.
barnie.gif
Not cool. Apparently the recent split to Black didn't lend additional hardiness. I have to wonder if it is inherent to the color as seem in other species with the dilution gene. I won't own/breed Blue and Fawn Dobermans for this reason.
Awwwww MAN what a bummer. Its so sad to have birds with Mereks. Having to cull them and the risk of them infecting the rest of the flock , this is so sad. The better looking of the two pullet culls i bought from you at the swap last year died in quarantine of mereks within 5 days of getting her home. it seemed to be a pretty potent strain of Mereks. My prayers are with you im so sry your birds are sick and your losing so many

Back
Top Bottom