Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Thank you Chicken Obsessed! :) I will look for that right away. I have five of what I believe are the nice grey colored Lavenders and two have the darker lacing on their feathers. I also have
a couple solid Splashes and some blacks. The blacks have been excellent broodies and mothers. I want to develop these more. I am not sure if one or two are the Wheaten color or just motley colored. I am still learning what is quality color and form for the breed standard Ameraucana. However, I find I love the muffs and beard with all kinds of colors too. Good thing there is a holiday called Easter!! ROFL!!

I have been playing with one rooster who I discovered throws babies with what I call moon disc faces. The whole face plus the muffs and beard are a totally different color than the mane or rest of the body. Not breed standard I know but wow are they striking to look at! Obviously the roo has something in his backbground! LOL! I am intrigued with him and his genetics so experimenting I go. He is very consistent throwing this "face" with certain hens. And I now have one of his sons which I will just have to continue with for poops and giggles. I want to see if I can "set" this gene. Is that what it is called? To get it most of the time for my EE's.

Thank you for your response!

Hi Thecuriouslynx, I'm interested to see what your EEs look like with the "moon disc faces" if you have pics but we should probably take that over to the EE thread. :)

Hi Thecuriouslynx, I'm interested to see what your EEs look like with the "moon disc faces" if you have pics but we should probably take that over to the EE thread. :)
Yes! If you do let me know which thread! I was looking at another EE pic thread last night and.... <3 <3 !!

I would appreciate honest critique on this cockerel . I hope his color translates well here. His tail was picked when he was younger and has grown out better. Thank you :)

Just sharing some pictures, I haven't had time to be on here in forever! I look forward to catching up on the thread soon!
wink.png

This is Colonel.

Romeo

Lila

Juliet

I have a few other girls, but no pictures yet. I love my Lavs!

Well I need some new birds. I sold my hens back in the summer so I called the guy I sold them to and he sold them.... BUT he still had 2 pullets.... Lavenders too
lol.png
He is going to trade me 2 Rhodebar Pullets for the 2 Lavender pullets. Maybe I can get my Lavender back on track again. I didn't have much luck with my smith birds. I do still have some but most are roos..... maybe now I can start a NEW lavender pen. I still need to look everyone over and figure out what I am going to do. Might start making a bunch of splits then pair them up later to make some lavenders.

NOW where to put them tomorrow......

Back
Top Bottom