Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

My split roo is throwing a few on rare occasion with my lavender hens. Right now he is competing with two lav roosters so odds are low, but I think I have a few split chicks in the brooder now if you are interested in them once they grow up a bit. (I also have lavender orpington splits and I have a bit of trouble telling the splits apart when they are very young.) I also have many eggs in the incubator likely to have more splits. PM me if interested.

Christine

I've ordered Lavender Am hatching eggs to arrive first week in April. These birds are so beautiful. I'm hoping for a good hatch. Need the blue egg!!! I have an array of other colors and just missing this color. My roo is a Blue Marans, so this should work for both.

Malcolm has arrived!

Oooh, aaugh, he's handsome. Without reading the thread, did you have him shipped? I'm expecting my first shipment of young roos this Wed. I've never shipped and already worrying like a mother hen.

lol, no I picked him up from a friend. She had kept two from her hatch last fall and liked his brother better but she didn't want to butcher Malcolm so she asked if I wanted him. I'm just getting started with ameraucanas and what better color than lavender :) he's a big sweet heart too!

Has anyone seen a correlation with ER based birds vs E based birds and leg color? I have one roo with really dark legs, so I'm thinking it's ER based, but I've heard some people believe lavenders should be E based?

How does one get some of these beautiful birds? I have a set of 36 Ameraucana's coming from Ideal Poultry next month. Believe they are Brown Red, I haven't seen anyone selling the Lavender color. Any help would be great.

How does one get some of these beautiful birds? I have a set of 36 Ameraucana's coming from Ideal Poultry next month. Believe they are Brown Red, I haven't seen anyone selling the Lavender color. Any help would be great.

You will not get ameraucanas from a hatchery. I have not seen one yet..... even the high dollar ones are not. They only sell Easter Eggers no matter what the ads say. If you want real ameraucanas go to the Ameraucana Breeders Club and find the breeders list and start there.

is there a link to the breeders page? Thanks for the heads up, I'm very new to Ameraucana's and have been wanting to get a nice flock for our farm.

Back
Top Bottom