Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I'm not seeing beards
1f614.png

So does this mean mine are not Lavender Ameraucanas? For what reason would they not have beards and muffs?

So does this mean mine are not Lavender Ameraucanas? For what reason would they not have beards and muffs?

It means someone has not done a good job culling their breeders . It is not easy sometimes for beginners to grasp genetics . The beard and muffs are a dominate trait . So breeding birds with 1 copy of this gene allows non bearded chicks to appear .

It means someone has not done a good job culling their breeders . It is not easy sometimes for beginners to grasp genetics . The beard and muffs are a dominate trait . So breeding birds with 1 copy of this gene allows non bearded chicks to appear .

Ok got it. I was thinking maybe another breed Roo may have gotten in with the hens. I hatched 2 and they must've come from the same pairing with the 1 copy. Oh well they are a pretty color... Fingers crossed that they're at least hens lol!

I am looking for a REAL Ameraucana pullet in Texas, preferably in the Houston area or up to a couple of hours away. I really love the blues, lavenders and splashes but am open to other colors as well. I tried to find one last year and bought a frizzled EE who ended up laying a brown egg. I have a very gentle breed mixed flock of four and am only looking for one bird. I can't believe how hard it has been to find one! If anyone has a single pullet or knows where I can get one, please pm me. I am willing to pay generously for the right bird.

I am looking for a REAL Ameraucana pullet in Texas, preferably in the Houston area or up to a couple of hours away. I really love the blues, lavenders and splashes but am open to other colors as well. I tried to find one last year and bought a frizzled EE who ended up laying a brown egg. I have a very gentle breed mixed flock of four and am only looking for one bird. I can't believe how hard it has been to find one! If anyone has a single pullet or knows where I can get one, please pm me. I am willing to pay generously for the right bird.

You need to make a post on the BST threads or look there to see if anyone has any for sale.

Ok, so I have a question for you lavender experts. I have this little chick here (on the right). The father was a pure lavender ameraucana roo and the mother was a white easter egger. This baby looks to me like lavender (am I right?) I need to get an updated picture of him since he's about a month old now but my question is, if I breed him to my black/lavender split girls, will I still get either black or lavender babies? Just curious if I can use him. I hatched him or of desperation when I had to put down my lavender roo. I wanted to try to save his genes. Well, what do you think?

Ok, so I have a question for you lavender experts. I have this little chick here (on the right). The father was a pure lavender ameraucana roo and the mother was a white easter egger. This baby looks to me like lavender (am I right?) I need to get an updated picture of him since he's about a month old now but my question is, if I breed him to my black/lavender split girls, will I still get either black or lavender babies? Just curious if I can use him. I hatched him or of desperation when I had to put down my lavender roo. I wanted to try to save his genes. Well, what do you think?

Idk, but it looks more like a blue than a lavender... maybe it's just the light? These are my newest lavs, they're a bit lighter and brighter, but maybe it's the different lines?

That is blue . Lavender is recessive and takes 2 copies to show lavender . That mating can not produce lavender . So your rooster was blue or lavender and blue . If you use him you will get black lavender and blue . The blue and lavenders could have both genes .

Back
Top Bottom