Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Your right, I should of said Paul Smith Blood line. I'm going to lower prices.
Top breeders with the name to go with it get $10 a chick. I sell mine for $6 or $7 each and eggs for $35 a doz. And $60 for started birds is a CRAZY HIGH price.

Top breeders with the name to go with it get $10 a chick.  I sell mine for $6 or $7 each and eggs for $35 a doz.   And $60 for started birds is a CRAZY HIGH price.

Ya it seemed high to me too but like I said they were supposed to be show birds. His reject birds were 30. I saw 6 Lavender eggs for 50 bucks online. I won the money for the birds from fantasy football so I didn't care lol.

In all the lavenders I got are awesome healthy birds. Super friendly and more beautiful then the first one I saw that made me want to breed lavenders. I guess It's all about customer service and bargaining to make deals. They are really just a hobby for me and if I can make a little money from them even better

Ya it seemed high to me too but like I said they were supposed to be show birds. His reject birds were 30. I saw 6 Lavender eggs for 50 bucks online. I won the money for the birds from fantasy football so I didn't care lol.

In all the lavenders I got are awesome healthy birds. Super friendly and more beautiful then the first one I saw that made me want to breed lavenders. I guess It's all about customer service and bargaining to make deals. They are really just a hobby for me and if I can make a little money from them even better

Were they from Paul or someone just using his name??? Was the flock ever shown? Did you ever show any of the birds?

Were they from Paul or someone just using his name???  Was the flock ever shown?  Did you ever show any of the birds? 

They were from Paul Smith himself. Very nice guy and good to do business with. I call him ever so often to give him an update on the birds. It was a pleasure doing business with him and I would do it again.

I have not brought any to a show. I don't know where any shows are. I live in south Florida. Not sure if the flick was shown but they have numbers on there feet. Not sure if that is for Paul's reference or from a show. I guess that would be a good question to ask him.

Where at in Florida are you located? I live in MO and will be in Tamapa 3/19-3/20...if your close by, id buy some hatching eggs from you.

I live about 3-4 hours from you.I live in Hollywood Fl which is north of Miami and south of Ft . Lauderdale. If your still interested let me know. I will collect yours fresh a few days before you come.

Haven't bought from her, but have talked with her and seen many pics of her birds... doesn't strike me as dishonest at all... she had been on the main Am thread a while back... :)

In other words, I would buy from her, lol...

Thank you for your kind words.
1f60a.png
I follow this thread weekly but do not make comments on here very often.

Top breeders with the name to go with it get $10 a chick.  I sell mine for $6 or $7 each and eggs for $35 a doz.   And $60 for started birds is a CRAZY HIGH price.

I do not think $60 is too high for show quality birds from a reputable breeder. I have done a lot of business with Paul. There are a handful of Ameraucana breeders that I would not hesitate to buy birds from at that price. Paul, Jean, etc. Just my opinion. :)

I do not think $60 is too high for show quality birds from a reputable breeder. I have done a lot of business with Paul. There are a handful of Ameraucana breeders that I would not hesitate to buy birds from at that price. Paul, Jean, etc. Just my opinion. :)

Thank you! Paul is genuine good dude for sure. I am very happy with the birds I got. They lay an egg a day and are the topic of every conversation when I have guests at my home. I lowered my price to $20 a chick and they are going like hot cakes. I hear "reject or pet" Lavenders go for $30. Paul offered me some at that price but I have always liked the good stuff. I will sell my chickens at $30 a piece when they hit 2 months but that's because I don't know any better. Once I have enough knowledge to differentiate between show quality birds that are text book for the breed vs backyard birds my prices will also differentiate

Back
Top Bottom