Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I would agree if they were SQ but they were culls.  But hey I paid $100 for a rooster that was SQ (not an Ameraucana) and have little to show for that money down the drain...well in total about $600 down the drain with that breeder.

Perhaps I misread the posts earlier, but it appears from his statements that he did not purchase culls for $60, he bought show quality potential ones for $60. Paul's show quality potential breeders are $60. I'm not sure on the price of his culls. I haven't purchased any of those.

Bless your heart. That is the worst! So sorry for the money down the drain.
1f614.png
You deserve better than that.

Perhaps I misread the posts earlier, but it appears from his statements that he did not purchase culls for $60, he bought show quality potential ones for $60. Paul's show quality potential breeders are $60. I'm not sure on the price of his culls. I haven't purchased any of those.

Bless your heart. That is the worst! So sorry for the money down the drain.
1f614.png
You deserve better than that.

I'm afraid of that too. I was going to invest in the all black lamberginis but I'm afraid I won't find any byers.

The birds I got from Paul were not culls. At least that's what I'm told. But Paul takes pride in his work. And people who take pride in there work don't screw people. I just really need to learn the difference between culls and show quality. Does anybody have any reference sheets? I found some but they are vague

Top breeders with the name to go with it get $10 a chick.  I sell mine for $6 or $7 each and eggs for $35 a doz.   And $60 for started birds is a CRAZY HIGH price.

Ya it seemed high to me too but like I said they were supposed to be show birds. His reject birds were 30. I saw 6 Lavender eggs for 50 bucks online. I won the money for the birds from fantasy football so I didn't care lol.

In all the lavenders I got are awesome healthy birds. Super friendly and more beautiful then the first one I saw that made me want to breed lavenders. I guess It's all about customer service and bargaining to make deals. They are really just a hobby for me and if I can make a little money from them even better

I miss read this. If the were show quality that is different.

I miss read this. If the were show quality that is different.
I've read show quality and then potential show quality, but at 4 months of age even though they could be "potential" they are most likely too young/immature to "show". They were "started birds" for sure and probably had "potential show quality" when purchased.

Anyone ever buy chicks from Once in a Blue Moon Farmstead in Leoma TN? I think the breeders name is Lindsay Helton. Wondering about her quality.
Thank you

I highly recommend her.
1f600.png
Hahaha (Side note, I am
the one you are inquiring about. I follow this thread). Lol

Well i just places my order for chicks with Once in a Blue Moon Farmstead in Leoma TN....will get them the first of June....I'm pretty excited!!!

Quote:
Once you mate your birds the eggs and chicks from them are your eggs and chicks.  The offspring could be better or worse than the line(s) you bought, but you are deciding which bird is mated to which.  You are not selling someone else's eggs or chicks, unless you are selling the actual bird(s) that you bought from them.  Two of us breeders created LF lavenders independently of each other, but only we can sell our birds...which all LF lavenders can be traced back to.  You can say your flock or breeders came from so and so, but be careful of the wording.  I believe your prices are way out of site, but it is between you and the buyer as long as the product isn't misrepresented.    

Has any one crossed your lines? If so how did they turn out?

Has any one crossed your lines? If so how did they turn out?
I started with a lavender rooster from John . So yes I crossed them to black hens to start my lavenders . Good results . The thing to remember is it is very important to select the best from any cross . It is not so much what you put in .It is all about what you keep .

I started with a lavender rooster from John . So yes I crossed them to black hens to start my lavenders . Good results . The thing to remember is it is very important to select the best from any cross . It is not so much what you put in .It is all about what you keep .
FYI...

Jerry and me a couple decades ago!
Jerry is an Honorary Vice President of the Ameraucana Alliance and one of three remaining charter members of our original Ameraucana Bantam Club, still with active memberships.

Back
Top Bottom