Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Although it is difficult, if not impossible, to ascertain the actual dates of when the variety was started, Harry Shaffer was instrumental in the development, as was Michael Muenks. I don't think any of them, alone,  or single-handedly, created the variety.  I know that there was considerable cooperation between John Blehm and Michael Muenks, not sure about Harry Shaffer.

Ah, ok! Thank you for that clarification, Susan!

I thought Harry Shaffer created the Lavender Ameraucana...
Harry did create his own stain, starting after he heard of our lavender Ameraucana projects. Actually Michael Muenks and I started breeding lavender bantams first and I began developing LF lavenders along side them. Some have crossed Harry's line with mine...LF that is. He and I both originally joined the Ameraucana Bantam Club in the early 1980s and have corresponded many times and neither of us have created any self blue varieties of chickens...although some want us to change the wording. Right, Harry?
Join the Alliance. All the history is here.

I think I get it. So you'll keep requesting/petitioning to have the plumage color terminology amended in a future standard, then groups could then theoretically ask to have the variety name changed if they choose to.

Very interesting. So you would rather have waited for the plumage section to be changed before Lavender
Ameraucanas were presented for acceptance by the APA.

I appreciate your patience with my questions. I'm just learning the APA process, since the group I'm in is trying to get large fowl spangled Russian Orloffs accepted. .

Once again, a little off topic but I wanted to share my baby Lavender

Back
Top Bottom