Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
OK... I confess I haven't read the 21 pages before me but I'll chime in.... I have a trio of absolutely beautiful Lavs... No idea of their origins, a friend bought chicks from someone she met at a horse show... evidently this person also shows chickens... So after growing them up she was losing 1 or 2 a week to predators... I picked up what was left... two males and 5 females. I split the group with another friend who had an interest in blue egg layers just so I'd have a back up plan if I lose the roo or something... Anyway, my trio is now laying and I'm about to start hatching! Very excited about this.

Anybody know a Lav breeder who also shows Paso Fino horses? I'd love to find out the source of my bootiful birds.

Now off to read the posts
smile.png

I'm trying to get my breeding information in order on these lavender birds and have so far compiled this:

Lav x Lav = 100% Lav

Lav x Lav Split = 50% Lav and 50% Lav Split

Lav Split x Lav Split = 25% Black and 25% Lavender and 50% Lav Split

Black x Lav = 100% Lav Split

What I haven't seen is what is produce when bred this way:

Black x Lav Split = ?

Please correct me if I've missed something.

Black x Splits will give you 75% blacks and 25% Splits and you can't tell them apart. I don't breed this combo. I like to know what I have and what I am breeding forward.

Edited cuz my brain was not working.... as usually lately
old.gif

Last edited:
Quote: That was wrong.... sorry you will get 75% blacks and 25% splits. I have a Black Am pen, a pen for making Splits from the Black Ams (black am pullets with a lav roo = 100% Splits) and then I have a pen for the Lavs (Lav roo over Splits and Lav Pullets/Hens = Mostly Lavs). I breed Lav x Lav but not black to splits or splits to splits.

I will go fix that post
roll.png
IGNORE ME I DIDN'T get any sleep last night
barnie.gif

Last edited:
That was wrong.... sorry you will get 75% blacks and 25% splits.  I have a Black Am pen, a pen for making Splits from the Black Ams (black am pullets with a lav roo = 100% Splits)  and then I have a pen for the Lavs (Lav roo over Splits and Lav Pullets/Hens = Mostly Lavs).  I breed Lav x Lav but not black to splits or splits to splits. 

I will go fix that post :rolleyes:   IGNORE ME I DIDN'T get any sleep last night :barnie

Okay, changed on my end, but I'm keeping my eraser handy just in case.:lau

Lav x Lav = 100% Lav

Lav x Lav Split = 50% Lav and 50% Lav Split

Lav Split x Lav Split = 25% Black and 25% Lavender and 50% Lav Split

Black x Lav = 100% Lav Split

Black x Lav Split = 75% blacks and 25% Splits

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom