Lavender and Blue ducks

cheezenkwackers

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 28, 2016
Memphis, TN
I hatched five ducklings in early September They went to there new home at 3 weeks old but I just received current pictures. Mom (I think) is a Crested Silver Swedish (of four of the ducklings). Dad is 1/2 Khaki and 1/2 Silver Appleyard. Two of the babies were blue and two were lavender, carrying the brown allele(I think I have that correct). The fifth baby (facial stripes) is from a different mother, I think he is Khaki/Appleyard/Welsh Harlequin. He also is the boss and I believe a drake.
Now:
6A42C47A-E437-4542-BF82-66E46DE06C84.jpeg
4AB7D2EB-FAED-4481-B230-3A8C47427215.jpeg

As babies:
42B4BEC9-8E0C-4710-8A44-D23096D74625.jpeg

I love the lavender color!

Not sure if you know this, but the two lavender are definitely female. The two blue are 1/3 likely to be female, 1/3 likely to be male carrying chocolate, and 1/3 likely to be male not carrying chocolate. That is assuming that you have the parents' ancestry correct.

Not sure if you know this, but the two lavender are definitely female. The two blue are 1/3 likely to be female, 1/3 likely to be male carrying chocolate, and 1/3 likely to be male not carrying chocolate. That is assuming that you have the parents' ancestry correct.
Thank you! That is what I thought, but it is nice to have it confirmed, I doubted myself. The new owner hasn't been able to tell who is quacking or not to voice sex them. I have my figures crossed that we defied the odds and the four from by silver female are girls. In the pictures their posture would suggest it but it is all I have at this time. There was one more picture, I am a little nervous that the blue, in the back, has a different bill color and may be a male, fingers crossed :fl.
fullsizeoutput_2178.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom