Lavender color?

I think it depends upon the shade of red.....which as you said would probably depends in some prt to melanisers. So homozygous lav on a dark red bird like an exhibition rhodie would probably be pink. I think that's what Henk said, unless I misunderstood.

I am so confused about chicken color genetics...Horse colors are way easier LOL
Let me see if I got this right...
If I breed a lav (2 copies of the lav. gene) to a chicken of a non-lavender (no copies of the lav. gene) I will get a bird with one copy of the lav. gene, but it will not show up in the birds phenotype? Is that correct?
And If I breed a bird that has one copy of the lav. to a bird with one copy of the lav. I have a chance of getting no lavenders and I have a chance of birds with 2 lav. genes? And if a bird gets a lav. gene from each parent, then they would be lavendar phenotype? IS that right?

Yes, Danielle82...you've go it.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Someone on this forum or another posted a possible way to make a pinkish bird. I think it was a bit more involved than simply lavender over red, but I do believe that was part of the "recipe."

Isabel is lavender over buff--pretty much the straw portion of a porcelain. Some mille fleurs seem to have darker or browner areas than others--males especially seem darker, but not all of them.

ok I have a silly question. My little bantam hen is a cross but I have know idea what she is. She isn't black and her feathers are kind of lacy. Is she Lavender in colour?
idunno.gif
And does anyone have any idea what breeds she is crossed with?

29985_picture_098.jpg

Back
Top Bottom