Lavender Orpington + Easter Egger

Aae

Chirping
Aug 17, 2017
Hello! I've finally got my first broody hen, and I was wondering if anyone has bred a Lavender Orpington and an Easter Egger, I really want to see what my chicks might look like.

And what will my egg colour be? Or will it be different for each chick?

Sorry if they're silly questions, I'm new to this.

Edit: Here's the roo and some of the hens. http://prntscr.com/jhhdwa

Last edited:
Egg colour will vary based on the genetics of the EE. If they are pure for the blue gene, all egg's should be blue and green, if they are impure for that gene, half will be light browns. No way to know without trying it out.

Unless the EE are lavender or have a gene for lavender (it takes two to express) none will be lavender.

I would expect a lot of black chicks with leakage, but it really depends on the colour of the EEs.

Hello! I've finally got my first broody hen, and I was wondering if anyone has bred a Lavender Orpington and an Easter Egger, I really want to see what my chicks might look like.

And what will my egg colour be? Or will it be different for each chick?

Sorry if they're silly questions, I'm new to this.
:frow :welcome :frow

You're going to have some interesting colors ^_^ Good luck it'll be fun!
I didn't have an orpington, a Partridge Rock roo over a lavender/buff EE and I got some lavender leakage!

20180521_084352.jpg

By far my favorites of the hatch ^_^ Would love to see pics when hatched!!

I didn't have an orpington, a Partridge Rock roo over a lavender/buff EE and I got some lavender leakage!
Lavender does not "Leak" what you have there is basic(Bl/bl+) turning otherwise black pigment into a blue color, Lavender is autosomal recessive and does not leak, I would also like to point out that Lavender will turn red color into a cream/Lemon color, the birds on the picture show normal undiluted gold tones.

Back
Top Bottom