Lavender Orpington Roo?

Just here following along, I’m in the could go either way camp. I had one obvious roo that I also didn’t want to pass on slow growth and my others look more developed than any of my other birds. The Wyandottes have been so easy 😩 Now there’s a million breeds and some are giving me too anxiety lol

Some of my LO pullets that are about 11 weeks old? With Whiting True Blue pullets and a Welsummer roo

5C027A2C-3AC8-41E3-B188-F25444EDA245.jpeg

FB544EDE-6F28-4BDD-A5F8-953348DF7ABF.jpeg

So the deal is I need to know in two weeks because depending on what Bill is he either stays with me or goes to my mom's. Either way he has a home
Lavendar Orpingtons tend to look masculine even when they're a proven female. A safe bet would be to keep it and say it is a female until proven a rooster by either crowing or mating multiple chickens. (Multiple would mean mating, only one would mean dominance.)

Lavendar Orpingtons tend to look masculine even when they're a proven female. A safe bet would be to keep it and say it is a female until proven a rooster by either crowing or mating multiple chickens. (Multiple would mean mating, only one would mean dominance.)
So that's what I'm inclined to do except that if he goes up north with me in a couple weeks he has a home whether he's a cockerel or not. I can't keep roosters so if I keep him and he starts crowing he might wind up as dinner. Cross your fingers for me that's he's a pullet so I can keep her!

Back
Top Bottom