Lavender Orpington

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nathan2002nm, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Nathan2002nm

Nathan2002nm In the Brooder

May 11, 2016
    [​IMG]
    I Just Love My Lavenders, I mean these are One of the Sweetest Breeds and One of the prettiest breeds I think there is. I got my lavenders when they were chicks and They just love to be around you and know what's going on!!!!!!!

2. Welcome to BYC, Nathan! [​IMG]

Those are some stunning Lav Orps you've got there! [​IMG] I had one at one point, but he was a roo, and turned mean at 6 months of age.

~Alex

3. Nathan2002nm

May 11, 2016
    I have bought Orpingtons Roosters when they were older and they turned out mean!!!!! How old was yours when you got him?

4. He was a few hours old when we picked him and his sisters up from Meyer Hatchery. The only thing I can think of that might have gone wrong is that we were brand new to roos then, and basically thought it good procedure to ignore him as he grew. I realize this was a big mistake! [​IMG]

~Alex

5. Nathan2002nm

May 11, 2016
    Yeah That Could Have been the Reason, Did you have to get rid of him?

6. Sadly, yes. [​IMG] With little brothers running around, an aggressive, hulking roo just won't work out. Oh well, maybe I can try again and actually end up with a Lav pullet this time. [​IMG]

~Alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by