Lavender Orpingtons

Peckyweck01

Songster
Aug 30, 2020
Mcminnville, Oregon
I posted a few days ago about my lavender Orp chicks, and I was wondering when Orpingtons usually develop combs/waddles, both pullet and cockerel? Not only Lavender Orps, but what age does the overall chicken develop combs/waddles? My chicks are all about 4 weeks old, few days more or less, and are already developing combs and tiny waddles. I know its still a little early to tell gender but just wanna get an idea maybe. I am hoping most are hens but I guess we will see. If I could get some info on when they generally develop combs & waddles that would be great! 😃

Hi!
not sure if I will be any help at all as I’ve only recently hatched Orpington chicks. The first 2 had really big combs (1 lavender splash I think and 1 blue) and were very chunky chicks. They are now 10 1/2 weeks old and are starting to get red round their faces. I have no idea what they are but it’s so interesting to observe. I hatched 1 about 2 weeks ago and it has a tiny comb and has started to feather so differently. Yesterday I managed to hatch 3 more and they are all different colours but don’t have noticeable combs. By the way I’m using a tiny incubator and it started out as a little project for our family and I got the eggs through the post. The kids absolutely love the birds and are always having a cuddle

92D9FEA1-A34D-42DB-BCFF-68EDC1E86B3B.jpeg
This was the very first I hatched

Back
Top Bottom