Lavender orpingtons??

he clearly has silver leakage coming through so something's definitely up there.
Lavender is a weird color. Black Orpingtons can have gold or silver leakage, so Lavender can as well. The quality of their feathers, genetics, and the sun can also do a lot to the way a Lavender's color appears, especially in males.

Now, whether or not I intend to be rude now, I don't really care; as I've said, I have more important things to do than quibble with you over statements that are mine and remain true in the vein of intent in which I responded, but you often feel the need to come behind me and snark at comments I make. We generally never agree on anything, and you feel the need to worry yourself with what I think or say, and I could care less. I find your behavior on here abrasive and irritating, so do us both a favor and put me on ignore so that you don't have to worry yourself about me any longer.

That's all news to me, which is why it's often a good idea to have a conversation with someone if you're feeling upset about something said, before you wind up harboring negative feelings for a long time.

One thing I gladly would have told you if asked is that I'm a bit of a weird person. I don't socialize much because I simply don't want to, but I do have interest in chatting with chicken people on here.

I consider everything said openly to be available for comment and frank discussion. You seem to be a bit reactive to anything resembling criticism or disagreement. I can't help but think perhaps it is not me you are upset with, that maybe I remind you of someone or something similar.

As far as peoples feelings, I think their long term happiness matters more than a single conversation. A hard pill today is better than suffering from a lie. There are options for saying things without being insulting.

Regarding blocking people? I don't have anyone on that list, even those who actually annoy me, because one day they might say something interesting that I find valuable.
Life benefits from keeping an open mind and not rendering personal judgment too quickly.

One of those cockerels definitely has a pea comb instead of a single comb as is proper for the breed, so at least that one is a mix and not a pure Orpington. That whitish patterning in his feathers is silver color leakage.

Agreed.

This really looks like a pea comb to me.

20230725_200517.jpg

And this is not like normal leakage to me, it's on the wing.

20230725_200517.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom