Lavender silkie question

silkie_sue

Songster
9 Years
Sep 14, 2010
Keokuk, Iowa
Ok I've never heard of this so if someone could please educated me...
What is a Lavender D'uccle silkie?Is it a specific coloring of Lav? If so what colors.
I saw this in a auction and had never heard of such. Thanks in advance.

Suz

Im not sure maybe someone is breeding duccle's to silkie and the cross is what they are selling..I would guess the used a porcelain duccle and silver or lavender color silkie?????? not sure maybe someone else will let us know ,now Im curiousLOL

Quote:
These are actually silkies I assume the "Lav D'uccle" is referring to the color....pfffttt...yes very confusing.
Thanks

If it is pure Silkie, I am thinking this person has no idea what they are talking about. Did they post pics in the auction?

I am thinking this person has no idea what they are talking about.

Sounds about right. Lavender [Self Blue] is a colour. d'Uccle is a breed & Silkie is another breed.​

And self-blue silkies are now APA recognised, and were under development for some 20 years, so I cannot imagine that if it is advertised as a "d'uccle silkie" that it is anything other than a cross between the two breeds.

Thank you all for your input. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and just sent a "ask seller question"....It turns out the the Lavender D'uccle was just for color comparison. That really threw me for a loop. So anyway thank you.

Suz

Back
Top Bottom