Layena Feed Question

cochinbantam-lover

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Hi, I have a question about Layena Brand Sunfresh RCP CR feed.
I have been feeding it to my chicks well chickens now I guess this feed for awhile now and I was wondering why it says "do not feed to chickens less than 18 weeks of age" these ones are all Cochin Bantams and are well over that age.
I do however have some standard EEs that are about 15 weeks or so now, and would like to feed them all the same feed instead of buying seperate for them. Also, what do you all think about Flock Raiser it was another feed I was considering?
Thankyou!

Layena is made for birds just starting to lay (around 18 weeks) up through the rest of their adult life. It has slightly less protein than start and grow and different other nutrients designed for optimal egg production. The start and grow is made for newly hatced birds up to the start of egg production. It has higher protein and other nutrients added to help birds to grow strong and healthy, etc. If your EE's are already 15 weeks old, then I wouldn't see anything wrong with feeding them the same thing as your cochin bantams. In the future though, I'd recommend following the instructions on the feed tag. I hope this answers your question,

David

Back
Top Bottom