iliamna

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
29
8
77
I have some moldy smelling layer mash. Is it still o.k. to feed it or throw it away?
 

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
8,372
421
326
Bowdon, GA
I have some moldy smelling layer mash. Is it still o.k. to feed it or throw it away?
Throw it away! Moldy food can cause several problems including aspergillus and a few other fungal diseases which is a serious problem...
 

JerseyGiantfolk

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 12, 2012
10,825
68
288
Throw it away! Moldy food can cause several problems including aspergillus and a few other fungal diseases which is a serious problem...
x2 it can cause cancer and other problems. (above) Also, never leave feed in the sun, it destroys the nutrients in the feed. I wouldn't use feed that is over a month old, also.
 

A.T. Hagan

Don't Panic
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
5,379
195
303
North/Central Florida
If it is smelling moldy then it's time for it to become fertilizer. Ground chicken feed (as in not whole grains) is a good source of plant nutrients. Just use it where the birds cannot get into it.
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom