Layer or flock raiser?

cluckers&quackers

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Vermont
My one year old hens are not laying well. When I brought them home this winter from a friend they were laying like crazy, but after I brought them home they stopped. They were eating purina layena which is what they are still eating. I am wondering if they might kick back in if I feed them the flock raiser instead being it has more protein or should I leave them on the layer? I didn't know but maybe between the warmer weather and getting outdoors if I bumped up the protein maybe it would kick them back into gear?

Also they are not molting, they just stopped laying after being moved, I brought them home the beginning of february.

in my flock i have 7 layers and get an average of 5 or 6 eggs a day.. i feed them a mixture of half of the same layena pellets and half of this mash material (i use nature wise by nutrena and it comes is a red and white bag).. maybe you should ask your feed store if they carry any.. it seems to work for my hens.. good luck

I've used both in my feeds and they ahve done well! Extremely well I must say! The upper protein % gives more gloss to their feathers and helps to offset the protein losses while laying. Layena is excellent but I rather put two feeds in one container so they will have the best of both.

Back
Top Bottom