Laying Age for Tetra Tints

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by THunter, Aug 23, 2011.

1. THunter

THunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Those of you that got some of these little monsters from Tractor Supply this spring, at what age did your's start laying?

2. THunter

Bump!

3. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

My Tetra Tint started laying at about 18/19 weeks, she was my second layer after my Norwegian Jaerhon to start laying. (You can see my other breeds in my signature) Now at 6 months she usually lays large to jumbo sized brown eggs with white speckles.

4. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

NOOB here, but whats a Tetra tint?

5. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I was wondering the same thing [​IMG]

6. THunter

Supposedly a hybrid produced for Tractor Supply that is a cross between a white leghorn rooster and a rhode island red hen.

7. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is TETRA my TetraTint
    [​IMG]

8. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    [​IMG] Wow..I am impressed with how pretty they turned out to be. I thought I may have gotten a couple of tetra's but they turned out to be all leghorns! I wish I would have gotten one of the Tetra's...they turned out great! As for laying..my leghorns just turned 22 weeks and they are all now laying...laying machines they are!!

9. THunter

My tetras just turned 19 weeks today and no eggs. No sign of reddening in their combs, either.

10. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    Got my first TT egg today! They are roughly 17 wks old. Can't remember exactly, but that's real close.
    Her egg is the cream colored one in the middle.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by