henaynei

Songster
9 Years
Hey :)
I've 2 batches of Java/Amerucana crosses
Oldest is almost about 15 weeks old
the younger 12 weeks old

I got the teetinyist perfect egg today from the pen with the younger group
The other egg layers in the pen are leghorns and Amerucana - thus white and pale green/blue - this one is definitely good strong light-medium brown.
The ONLY other hen in there that it could be is a 2 1/2-year-old Java hen who quit laying a couple of weeks ago. (no lice, no injury, no stress, no food changes)
Aren't they too young??

Was in the nest with the other egg IMG_0200.jpg

Hey :)
I've 2 batches of Java/Amerucana crosses
Oldest is almost about 15 weeks old
the younger 12 weeks old

I got the teetinyist perfect egg today from the pen with the younger group
The other egg layers in the pen are leghorns and Amerucana - thus white and pale green/blue - this one is definitely good strong light-medium brown.
The ONLY other hen in there that it could be is a 2 1/2-year-old Java hen who quit laying a couple of weeks ago. (no lice, no injury, no stress, no food changes)
Aren't they too young??

Was in the nest with the other egg View attachment 1854151
If that was her first egg, sometimes their first egg can be small.

If that was her first egg, sometimes their first egg can be small.
Oh yeah :) I call those Maiden Eggs....but my question...
these pullets are barely 12 weeks old... pullets from the exact same breeding but 3 weeks older have not laid yet. So....could this truly be from the 12 wk old pullets? both parent breeds started at more like 16+ weeks. IF it is from these pullets why haven't the ones 3 wk older started laying yet?

Aren't they too young??
Yes, they are too young.
Are you positive all the other birds lay only white or green/blue?
It could have been from the older bird,
who might not quite have stopped laying yet in preparation to molt.
What's inside the tiny 'fart' egg?

Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with new or older layers.

I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:

:thumbsup
Yes, they are too young.
Are you positive all the other birds lay only white or green/blue?
It could have been from the older bird,
who might not quite have stopped laying yet in preparation to molt.
What's inside the tiny 'fart' egg?

Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with new or older layers.

I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:
positive? yes...all are hens I've had for a year - leghorns - white, Ameraucana-mix - light green. The java lays pale tan eggs, has been fading and quite laying 2 weeks ago - or so I thought but her vent is large and moist.
I'll open the tiny egg in the next couple of days and see what's in it. It appears to be a perfect egg. I'll let you know what I find.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom