Laying eggs but not sitting

If you get extra peacock eggs, I need a few to incubate. I have a beautiful blue male with blue and green feathering in need of a mate. He displays for our hen turkeys and chickens and the male turkeys gang up on him. I feel so bad that he does not have a mate, because he calls for one constantly every day. Everyone needs someone. I will pay for the eggs and shipping. I do not know where Lamont is? I live in SE Louisiana North of New Orleans.

If you get extra peacock eggs, I need a few to incubate. I have a beautiful blue male with blue and green feathering in need of a mate. He displays for our hen turkeys and chickens and the male turkeys gang up on him. I feel so bad that he does not have a mate, because he calls for one constantly every day. Everyone needs someone. I will pay for the eggs and shipping. I do not know where Lamont is? I live in SE Louisiana North of New Orleans.

Hello Celie - Lamont Florida is about 35 miles southeast of Tallahassee, Florida in "the big bend" area. I used to live in SE Louisiana years ago I(in Gretna, just outside of New Orleans and worked in a town called Killona at the Waterford III Nuclear Power site. Are you anywhere near there? Anyway, my peahen is still laying. I put four of her eggs under a broody hen. My peahen (Anastasia) now has laid an additional 3 eggs and I am hoping she will go broody but I admit I lack a bit of faith in that happening. I would not mind sharing eggs but I wouldn't know how to package and ship eggs to you. I've not done that before.

Hello Celie - Lamont Florida is about 35 miles southeast of Tallahassee, Florida in "the big bend" area. I used to live in SE Louisiana years ago I(in Gretna, just outside of New Orleans and worked in a town called Killona at the Waterford III Nuclear Power site. Are you anywhere near there? Anyway, my peahen is still laying. I put four of her eggs under a broody hen. My peahen (Anastasia) now has laid an additional 3 eggs and I am hoping she will go broody but I admit I lack a bit of faith in that happening. I would not mind sharing eggs but I wouldn't know how to package and ship eggs to you. I've not done that before.
Also be mindful that to ship birds or eggs across state lines you need to be inspected by the state and certified NPIP clean flock to be legal.

I have shipped a lot of eggs and the best way I found to ship peacock eggs is to wrap them with tissue and place them in a goose egg carton if you have any. I shipped a lot of turkey eggs this way. If you do not have any goose egg cartons, I would wrap them in bubble wrap around the sides, leaving the top slightly open so they can breathe, but tightly around each egg and put them in a 6x7x7 regional box, using whatever you have to keep them from moving around, like smashed paper, shredded paper, peanuts, like many things come in when bought online, shavings, sawdust, basically anything to protect the eggs from getting knocked together, or touching the sides of the box. If you do not have a regional box, any box that they will fit in after they are wrapped in bubble wrap, most people get from packages they buy in line. If you do not go over 2 pounds including the box, shipping should be $5.00 shipping cost through the mail. That is their minimum rate to ship anything 2 or under. There is a slight chance they may be X-rayed, by the sorting machine, which will check packages at random, because of a homeland security action, but that's only slight. I mark my boxes live eggs, please handle gently, all over the box and ask your post office to put fragile stickers all over the box. They have plenty and are free orange stickers that are extremely noticeable! If the postal employees are efficient, between you and me, they will pull the box off the sorting machine and handle it gently. When I was shipping about 8 boxes of eggs a week to people, only about 1 % were damaged or had the embryo damaged. After I get them, I will let them rest with the air sack up for 8 hours before putting them into the incubator. The connective tissue that holds the yolk in place is very strong and I usually get an 80 to 90% hatch rate on shipped eggs.
I would appreciate them very much. My address is Cecile Jolet, 49408 Santangelo Ln., Tickfaw, LA 70466. Just let me know how much I owe you and I will send it to your paypal account or mail you a check, or whatever you want.
Thank you very much ans may God Bless You and Yours,
Celie

Don't worry about NPIP, you are not a hatchery or a breeder. You are a friend and after 30 days in the incubator, when hatched, they would go into a brooder, inside my house for 8 to 12 weeks, which is longer than the 30 day quarantine period, before I put them Outside, with the other Juvenal poultry, to keep them safe from the adult turkeys and roosters, until they are big enough to let them with Lonely "pretty boy" that likes to walk around the bed of my pickup truck. Pretty Boy perches at night it a pine tree close to the house on a sturdy branch about 40-50 feet high. I plan to build them a 12-foot high coop and a 12x8x20 run, with some large tree branches for them to perch on and make the center of my landscaping, with a bench close by to sit and watch him display his magnificent feathers and plumage. The coop and run will have a sand foundation for easy cleaning and shaded but have indirect sunlight and lovely landscaping to look at. I am sooo happy! Thank you again. If you want some turkey or duck eggs or rainbow laying chickens from blue and green eggs to incubate, just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom