Laying eggs but not sitting

I have shipped a lot of eggs and the best way I found to ship peacock eggs is to wrap them with tissue and place them in a goose egg carton if you have any. I shipped a lot of turkey eggs this way. If you do not have any goose egg cartons, I would wrap them in bubble wrap around the sides, leaving the top slightly open so they can breathe, but tightly around each egg and put them in a 6x7x7 regional box, using whatever you have to keep them from moving around, like smashed paper, shredded paper, peanuts, like many things come in when bought online, shavings, sawdust, basically anything to protect the eggs from getting knocked together, or touching the sides of the box. If you do not have a regional box, any box that they will fit in after they are wrapped in bubble wrap, most people get from packages they buy in line. If you do not go over 2 pounds including the box, shipping should be $5.00 shipping cost through the mail. That is their minimum rate to ship anything 2 or under. There is a slight chance they may be X-rayed, by the sorting machine, which will check packages at random, because of a homeland security action, but that's only slight. I mark my boxes live eggs, please handle gently, all over the box and ask your post office to put fragile stickers all over the box. They have plenty and are free orange stickers that are extremely noticeable! If the postal employees are efficient, between you and me, they will pull the box off the sorting machine and handle it gently. When I was shipping about 8 boxes of eggs a week to people, only about 1 % were damaged or had the embryo damaged. After I get them, I will let them rest with the air sack up for 8 hours before putting them into the incubator. The connective tissue that holds the yolk in place is very strong and I usually get an 80 to 90% hatch rate on shipped eggs.
I would appreciate them very much. My address is Cecile Jolet, 49408 Santangelo Ln., Tickfaw, LA 70466. Just let me know how much I owe you and I will send it to your paypal account or mail you a check, or whatever you want.
Thank you very much ans may God Bless You and Yours,
Celie

I wish I could send them right away but I am told I need to be certified NPIP and inspected by the state. I am checking into this now. Not sure how long it will take. Ugh. Always something. I will let you know what I find out.

Don't worry about NPIP, you are not a hatchery or a breeder. You are a friend and after 30 days in the incubator, when hatched, they would go into a brooder, inside my house for 8 to 12 weeks, which is longer than the 30 day quarantine period, before I put them Outside, with the other Juvenal poultry, to keep them safe from the adult turkeys and roosters, until they are big enough to let them with Lonely "pretty boy" that likes to walk around the bed of my pickup truck. Pretty Boy perches at night it a pine tree close to the house on a sturdy branch about 40-50 feet high. I plan to build them a 12-foot high coop and a 12x8x20 run, with some large tree branches for them to perch on and make the center of my landscaping, with a bench close by to sit and watch him display his magnificent feathers and plumage. The coop and run will have a sand foundation for easy cleaning and shaded but have indirect sunlight and lovely landscaping to look at. I am sooo happy! Thank you again. If you want some turkey or duck eggs or rainbow laying chickens from blue and green eggs to incubate, just let me know.

I wish I could send them right away but I am told I need to be certified NPIP and inspected by the state. I am checking into this now. Not sure how long it will take. Ugh. Always something. I will let you know what I find out.

Most states will provide NPIP testing at no charge, some do not. In most flyway states they also require AI testing every six months as they do here in Kansas. It does not matter if you are a 'hatchery or breeder' the laws apply to everyone. Contact your state department of agriculture for details.

Most states will provide NPIP testing at no charge, some do not. In most flyway states they also require AI testing every six months as they do here in Kansas. It does not matter if you are a 'hatchery or breeder' the laws apply to everyone. Contact your state department of agriculture for details.

I have been on the phone most of the day trying to get information from our Florida Department of Agriculture who referred me to the US Department of Agriculture who referred me back to the Florida Department of Agriculture who referred me to our County Extension Office who told me to contact the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and then the District Agent in Live Oak...I am now waiting for a call back from the NPIP Representative at the University of Florida. Our tax dollars at work. But I am a patient person. I will eventually get this figured out. I like to do things right. I am a Capricorn. : )

I have been on the phone most of the day trying to get information from our Florida Department of Agriculture who referred me to the US Department of Agriculture who referred me back to the Florida Department of Agriculture who referred me to our County Extension Office who told me to contact the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and then the District Agent in Live Oak...I am now waiting for a call back from the NPIP Representative at the University of Florida. Our tax dollars at work. But I am a patient person. I will eventually get this figured out. I like to do things right. I am a Capricorn. : )

It should NOT be that difficult. You state veterinarian is the one who does it. Call Dr. Wolf at 352-745-2544 https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Di...oultry/National-Poultry-Improvement-Plan-NPIP

It should NOT be that difficult. You state veterinarian is the one who does it. Call Dr. Wolf at 352-745-2544 https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Di...oultry/National-Poultry-Improvement-Plan-NPIP

Actually, it is Dr. Wolf who is supposed to call me back. And no, it should NOT be that difficult - but I worked in the Florida Legislature for 25 years and heard all the horror stories from folks trying to get information from our state government. Now I am on the other end...so now I know how they feel. : ) Hopefully I will talk with Dr. Wolf tomorrow. Thanks so much for the info.

Still trying to get information from Dr. Wolf. I talked with him and he told me to send my contact info to his e-mail address which I did. Still waiting for next response. BUT, I now have three chicken hens sitting on four eggs each so maybe I will get lucky and hatch out some peachicks. The first clutch, if viable, should start hatching in a few days. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom