Laying eggs soon?

chickenlittle21

There's a piggy in the pasture
Aug 22, 2019
Martin county, Florida
Do any of you know about how long until my chickens lay eggs? they are 4 months old today and their breeds are buff orphington, brown leghorn, Americana, golden polish, white crested black polish, rhode island red, cinnamon queen, golden comet, saffire gem, black leghorn

Do any of you know about how long until my chickens lay eggs? they are 4 months old today and their breeds are buff orphington, brown leghorn, Americana, golden polish, white crested black polish, rhode island red, cinnamon queen, golden comet, saffire gem, black leghorn
My new buffs started laying between 4-5 months other breeds up to 6 months before they laid. Since its winter I am not sure if they will do it the same. Mine were always in the spring or summer months,

We have 2 Speckled Sussex and 2 RIR that we got a couple days old Aug 11. They just started laying this week 4.5 almost 5 months old. We got 2 SS eggs yesterday and 2 RIR eggs today (8 total since last Saturday) so I think it's safe to assume they're all laying. We're also in FL.

I just got my first egg on November 21, 2019. My girls were born June 26, 2019 so that's about 21 weeks. It seemed like forever to get that first one and in the beginning they would just lay one pretty much anywhere in the coop. After about 2 weeks they got the hang of it and now i go out at lunch time and there are 4 eggs in the nesting box. Picture perfect.

Back
Top Bottom