Laying their first little egg......

EmsChooks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
England, Uk
I am very new to all this and have a question regarding egg laying. I got my six girls on Wedneday. Two are 16 weeks, two are 18 weeks and two are 19 weeks. My Goldline who is 18 weeks produced us a small egg on Friday afternoon amid loads of noise and desperate searches for places to hide. We were so so excited to get an egg so quickly. Having been told that this breed is an egg laying machine and will regularly produce an egg a day I antisipated another egg yesterday, then today but nothing has been laid. Is this ok? Does it take a while for the chickens to get into a routine or have I got this egg laying business all wrong!!?
Em

Haha, its totally fine. When younger hens start laying they don't exactly have a schedule. When they get to be of an older age, you'll find that they have a routine.
And if they can't find a place to lay an egg, they go nuts.
lol.png

Hope this help!
Good luck.
thumbsup.gif

thanks for that, I hoped that was the case! We went out yesterday excited to think we may have another egg and were quite puzzled!
She is much calmer now compared to Friday when she was going mad pacing around, flapping and making the strangest noises... tee hee hee I really do have a lot to learn!

Quote:
Haha, I just got into chickens a year or so ago, so I'm still learning.
lol.png

But I have two laying hens, so I know some information about egg laying and such.

Back
Top Bottom