LAZY FRENCH MARANS

ChickChickee

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
Lucy and Ethel have been with me going on one week....someone (probably Lucy) gave me an egg.ONE lousy egg. Since im new at this, i'm wondering if it's too soon to expect egg production (contrary to what the breeder said). Or maybe they aren't happy? Things have been unbelievably screwy since they arrived and I'm not sure if they want to wait until things cool out to lay consistently. Should i stop threatening them with shaking fists?? They just look up at me, wail/moan a response and jam their heads back into the food bowl.

10 month old hens, by the way.

moving to a new home can be stressful. I would give them at least a couple weeks to settle in before I started expecting regular laying. They need to learn their new surroundings and feel safe

I Had two hens who laid as soon as they moved (one laid in the box on the way home, the other as soon as she got in the coop) next adopted foun new hens ranging from 12 months to 24 and they took a four week break till they started laying...

thanks! theyve picked up the pace since last i posted. if i praise them and give them treats when i see an egg, they may just get the picture. ;)

Back
Top Bottom