Lazy pullet or???

Marleeschicks

Chirping
May 28, 2023
I have a young hen (a little over 6 months now) that seems to lay down more often than not. None of my other chickens do this. During their 2 hours of free range time—She probably lays down more than she does other things, though she isn’t exhibiting any ill health. Eating and drinking fine.
Does anyone else have pullets that do this?? Or should I be concerned —and if so what comes to mind?
My first thought was maybe she is getting fatigued due to some deficiency but I’m not sure in what.

Attachments

• IMG_9863.jpeg
    IMG_9863.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 23
When one of mine molts, she does that. She walks a few steps, then sits for a few seconds, then up again for a few steps, back down. It's sort of odd looking.

You could do vitamin supplements like Poultry Cell in their water every other day for a week or two, then down to a couple times a month is all I do it, but I put stuff in their feed too.

I assume they're on layer chicken feed of some sort and very limited scratch/treats?

When one of mine molts, she does that. She walks a few steps, then sits for a few seconds, then up again for a few steps, back down. It's sort of odd looking.

You could do vitamin supplements like Poultry Cell in their water every other day for a week or two, then down to a couple times a month is all I do it, but I put stuff in their feed too.

I assume they're on layer chicken feed of some sort and very limited scratch/treats?
They are all in grower because I have a rooster. Full access to oyster shell. Get fermented feed several times a week. Supplemented w herbs, hemp seeds, BSF, and fresh greens (kale, wheatgrass etc.). Daily “treats” are grapes and blueberries.
Hence why it would be surprising if she had a nutritional deficiency BUT she has always been this way just more noticeable in the last couple months.
She also has always had kinda droopy wings (she doesn’t always hold them up like the other hens) but not so droopy it’s of huge concern. Just a small thing I noticed when she was young.

But yes I did add some electrolytes/probiotics to their water yesterday 🙂 ! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom