LEAHY FAVORITE INCUBATOR -INFO

HappyHatch'en

Songster
10 Years
Jan 31, 2009
GEORGIA
QUESTIONS & MORE QUESTIONS,.....I have the opportunity to purchase a Model 1200 in good condition and still in working order. Does any one have a manual on this machine? Age of the unit, manufacture date? Are they any good? Reasonable price to pay?
It is a solid Redwood Cabinet with 8 shelves....Thanks folks, this would be my very "first incubator"....

I didn't hear from anyone. I did however bought it and I'm cleaning it up and rebuilding it. I have manage to read a company manual, which you can find on Legg Pea Fowl Ranch web site. I'm doing some additional research on the company and will report my findings later. Anyone out there with information on these redwood incubators, I would like to hear from you.
22115_dscn0654.jpg

Model 1200 21 w x 54 h x 47 d, 8 trays

That unit must hatch 1500 + eggs? I found one in Colorado, I beleive it must me the same model. I did not get to see the one here very well as it was stacked behind a bunch of stuff in storage. I am sure Sunny Creek farm and hatchery would have a manual for them.

The one here was offered for $500 dollars, was supposedly rewired but the wood looked in less than perfect condition. I thought it was overpriced plus simply did not need somthing that large.

All manual turning as well. I love the look of the redwood incubators had it been smaller I would have been very interested.

Would love to see yours reconditioned

The one we ended up with is a Leahy Manufacturing Favorite Incubator Redwood Cabinet - Model #416. I called a gentleman from Sunny Creek Farms to get the manual and replacement parts for the unit. So far, this incubator is in wonderful condition. Working very well! We are very pleased... and it is also a nice 'pretty' piece of furniture as well.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom