Learning my way

ZoomiesMom72

Songster
May 7, 2021
Cordova Alabama
I have been so excited to go on this journey.I started out with a rescued rooster that was a cornish x.I didnt understand their lifespan and his health issues as I had to have him euthanized at the vet.After loosing him my interest were further peeked..I went and purchased 5 more from tractor supply and then bought 5 more from a farm.I now own 2 roosters,1 hen & 7 pullets.I joined alot of groups on facebook to try & make friends with the same Interest & learn.I love looking at others pics and stories 💗.
To make this novel short....I LOVE being a member of this site.It feels like a family .Noone has ever been rude to me or unkind.I have only been in this game for a year now.So with that said I am getting education in something that I am extremely intrigued with .The point being.I had to delete all my groups on fb.These people were so critical & rude & down right childish. I had my name posted on a site stating that I KEPT posting pics of my chickens on her special breed page.Well as I was uncertain to the breed of a possible satin//silkie/serama x.I ALSO SHARED IT ONE TIME ,Then I began recieving alot of inbox with my name in CAPS basically being bullies oddly then this was then posted to other groups and it down right made me feel so uncomfortable. I want to thank everyone here for being so kind, helpful & loving.Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this .It means alot to me💗🙏
Screenshot_20211118-122411_Photos.jpg

I liked FB back in 2008-10 then they kept changing the layout/algorithem.. I deleted my FB back in 2013 then started one up 3 years ago to connect with chicken people and my family, well I deleted it again a few months ago and havent missed it 🤟 I actually liked BYC layout and algorithems better back when I joined in 2012, they changed the way the search engine works and the home page with the most recent posts. I left the site for a while after the changes but Ive gotten usta it now, cheers 🤟

So funny, not to hijack this thread... but jeeze. I was a late fb joiner, the beginning of 2015. OMG! It went from connecting with friends to all out crazyville. It was so toxic I got off shortly after but I feel forever changed by its ugliness. The founder is over here stealing land from Hawaiians. A real POS IMO.

@ZoomiesMom72, you are always welcome to post pictures, ask questions, and hang out. We were all new at this at one time!

BYC is my only social media, and it's the best source of chicken info too. What's not to love?
Thanks so much! I prefer this site .I am now only using fb to connect with family lol.It seems people that can control a fb page think they can control more than their page lol.It was neither educating or healthy.Glad to have found my way here.

Back
Top Bottom