Least distress for Cockerel

RSK8888

Chirping
Jul 14, 2021
Virginia
Hope I am posting this question in the proper place!
I am rehoming my Cockerel tomorrow morning (found a great place for him!) and so I placed him in a crate tonight when he came back to roost. He has bedding and water. The crate has wire sides so he can see out. Right now I have the crate in the coop... thought it might be less distressing in a familiar place. He isn't up high though, and not thrilled to be contained. Think it is good to leave the crate in the coop, or would he and the others be more at peace if he was alone in the garage? Trying to make this as comfortable as possible.

He will be fine there, once it is dark, he will go to sleep.
Thanks for the reply. He did fine fore the evening as you said. He isn't happy now the the girls are up and out, but I can certainly understand. He will have to be contained until about noon when the new adoptive family can take him. He has water (though he seems to ignore it). Wish it could be faster but I assume he will be fine until he gets to the next home. If you have any other recommendations, please feel free to share. Again- thanks for the reassurance last night!

I put my sale birds in crate at night, but put them in the garage for pickup.
I don't want 'strange' chicken keepers in my coop.

Back
Top Bottom