LeasureChix and Quail_Antwerp Admitting we have a problem hatchalong...

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
LeasureChix and I, Quail_Antwerp, both admit we have a problem - we're totally addicted to hatching! :) and chickens!

We've both set eggs (after she picked up some BLRW eggs right under my nose lol) and are due to hatch around the same time.

I've set 6 Bantam Lavender Ameracauna eggs & 6 Large Fowl Ameracauna eggs that I won on eBay, 16 Bantam Welsummer eggs from gamebirdsonly, and 9 eggs from my own Bantams (1 Mille Fleur Cochin and 8 Barred Buff Cochins).

On the way, I have more Bantam Welsummers from gamebirdsonly and possible split/chocolate Ameracauna eggs from pips&peeps.

I'm using a forced air LG and temps have been holding steady. :) Humidity is about 35%.

19 days to go.

gig.gif
Admitting is the first step to healing
gig.gif

Well thats what I was told what seems like 42 bazillion chicks ago
lau.gif

Good luck on your hatches.

Hey Mike, welcome to our thread! I have some of your Lav Ameracaunas in my incubator and they are doing great. 9 out of 12 are progressing nicely, a couple are iffy.

Aly, great job getting this started. I was busy drying out a ham for a little get together. Bummer.... lesson learned. Ham does not do well in a nuwave oven.

OK, I seriously have a problem, I don't even know exactly how many or what kind of eggs I have coming....
hide.gif
3 incubators going now, I know of 6 1/2 dozen eggs on their way this week but I think another 2 orders.... just can't remember what they are.....

SO glad I have such a great hatch a long buddy!
hugs.gif
to Aly

OOoh I need mallards! LOL

I think after I am done hatching the chicken eggs, I might have to try a batch of duck eggs.

Hey, Julie, I think we both need cabinet incubators. Would make things a heck of a lot easier!

Aly, you can get a 4 shelf unit for $250, delivered. Your choice of color! I am going to put my 4 egg turners in it but you certainly don't have to. I think $250 beats the heck out of the big name units and my HH members aren't apt to build a unit. Mine is due by early next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

OK, so I'm at it again! There are auction sites now on FB.... and some really nice eggs going.... Still not the same proxy bid style as the old BYC but I'm bidding!

Julie, I totally need the info on that 4 shelf unit!! :)

I'm happy with my LG's for now, but I definitely need something bigger.

I might be putting some of my friend BeccaOh's Silver Dorking eggs in to test fertility for her. Her Dorkings are lovely! And their color is stunning!

I candled early. I have veining and little embryos with beating hearts!! YAY!!

Hi Aly!

I got bad news this morning. I heard about Custom Incubators back in mid December. They sold cabinet incubators on eBay as well as their own website. There was a special in December and I ordered the 4 shelf unit with no hatcher for $245, shipping included. I had received a notice on Jan 1 that there was going to be a delay because their thermostat vendor was closed for the holidays. The middle of last week I sent an email asking for an update on my order. Nothing. Then I got an email from Paypal saying I had a refund coming ($245) and a note saying the incubator builder had gone out of business and he was being shut down by Paypal. It did say that the company was under new ownership and still building. Well, I had a ton of eggs pre-ordered and would have no place for them next week. I contacted the new owner and he was nice enough to put me at the top of his list and promised to send the incubator I wanted early this week. Great news, right? (and I had already told you part of that story) Anyway, this morning I checked my Paypal account and it showed the refund was "removed". No credit. I checked the credit card I had paid with. Also, no credit. In the mean time I've now paid for my incubator, twice. So.... hold on to your money and I'll let you know if anything shows up on my doorstep. If not, I'm going to have to run to the local feed stores for a few more LG's. :( I should have ordered through eBay instead of their website. eBay is great about refunds, even if the seller doesn't have the money in their account.

I've never seen dorkings before.

Has your trio been shipped yet?

I was notified this morning that an eBay auction of LCO eggs are being sent to me this morning. I'm also getting more from DancingHen. Cute, I'll have to figure out how to divide up the LG when they hatch so I can tell them apart. It will only be about 9-10 eggs total. I think the lemon cuckoos are so pretty!

Holy smokes I'm going to have about a gazillion chicks running around here in mid February.

I ordered in early December, kept being told they were waiting for thermostats...got a refund notification last week after asking about a time frame...got a email today from Paypal that the refund did not clear the sellers account...this is TERRIBLE!! $300...gone! I'm contacting Paypal today...

Hi Aly!

I got bad news this morning. I heard about Custom Incubators back in mid December. They sold cabinet incubators on eBay as well as their own website. There was a special in December and I ordered the 4 shelf unit with no hatcher for $245, shipping included. I had received a notice on Jan 1 that there was going to be a delay because their thermostat vendor was closed for the holidays. The middle of last week I sent an email asking for an update on my order. Nothing. Then I got an email from Paypal saying I had a refund coming ($245) and a note saying the incubator builder had gone out of business and he was being shut down by Paypal. It did say that the company was under new ownership and still building. Well, I had a ton of eggs pre-ordered and would have no place for them next week. I contacted the new owner and he was nice enough to put me at the top of his list and promised to send the incubator I wanted early this week. Great news, right? (and I had already told you part of that story) Anyway, this morning I checked my Paypal account and it showed the refund was "removed". No credit. I checked the credit card I had paid with. Also, no credit. In the mean time I've now paid for my incubator, twice. So.... hold on to your money and I'll let you know if anything shows up on my doorstep. If not, I'm going to have to run to the local feed stores for a few more LG's. :( I should have ordered through eBay instead of their website. eBay is great about refunds, even if the seller doesn't have the money in their account.

I've never seen dorkings before.

Has your trio been shipped yet?

I was notified this morning that an eBay auction of LCO eggs are being sent to me this morning. I'm also getting more from DancingHen. Cute, I'll have to figure out how to divide up the LG when they hatch so I can tell them apart. It will only be about 9-10 eggs total. I think the lemon cuckoos are so pretty!

Holy smokes I'm going to have about a gazillion chicks running around here in mid February.

BillieJo, I got the same email today. I'm seriously hoping that the new owner is actually going to send an incubator like he said. We talked on the phone on Saturday. Did you buy through eBay or their website? At least with eBay you have recourse. I filed a complaint through Paypal this morning. I'm considering contacting my credit card about reversing the payment but I'm afraid Paypal would just pull the money out of my bank account.

Guess we are in the same sinking boat on this one. :(

Back
Top Bottom