Leaving turner grate (off) in Nurture Right 360

Huston's Happy Hens

Crowing
15 Years
Jul 14, 2008
Dewitt, MI
My last hatch I had some chicks turn eggs over that had already pipped and the chicks i n the eggs died.
Has anyone left the egg grate in during a hatch? I'm hoping that it will allow the eggs to remain stable and not be shifted everywhere...Thanks

My last hatch I had some chicks turn eggs over that had already pipped and the chicks i n the eggs died.
Has anyone left the egg grate in during a hatch? I'm hoping that it will allow the eggs to remain stable and not be shifted everywhere...Thanks
I think it should be fine, as long as the turner is off.

Hate it when the newborns roll the other eggs around... In big hatches I use the egg grate (with the eggs laying on their sides), or even a divider in the incubator. If it's a small hatch I'll constantly remove the chicks as soon as they dry off.
Make sure the eggs aren't so tightly jammed that they can't move properly though. The need a bit of room to maneuver.

Another solution is to buy a second inexpensive incubator to put the newly hatched chicks in to dry off.

This would keep them from banging around the eggs that havent hatched yet.

Back
Top Bottom