Leg defect in baby chick!!

You'll need to take him in for an x ray to find out for sure. Just do your best to massage and stretch the toes for a few days to try and loosen them up. If they don't loosen even a little by day 4, it's probably a serious tissue deformity that can't be corrected with physical therapy. At that point, your long term plan would be to get advice from a vet, and make sure he can walk, eat and drink. It could be that that's just how his leg is, only time (or a vet) will tell.

Wish i could take him to a vet but there is really no good vet here. Looks like i will have to wait and see. But at least he is walking on his own. But should i still make a boot for him or leave it for now?

Wish i could take him to a vet but there is really no good vet here. Looks like i will have to wait and see. But at least he is walking on his own. But should i still make a boot for him or leave it for now?
If you can make his toes straight in order to tape them to the cardboard piece, then yes. Do you know what kind of boot we mean?

If you can make his toes straight in order to tape them to the cardboard piece, then yes. Do you know what kind of boot we mean?
Yeah i have seen some pics on the net but i never had ony chick is with curled fingers or leg defect before so i have never really made one.

Back
Top Bottom