Leg injury on hen

tielie135

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
100 mile house, BC, Canada
One of my little hens has some sort of leg injury no outside injuries but he puts NO weight on it whatsoever, couldn't feel any major breaks but she won't even put the leg down.had this same thing happen to her brother, I tried to fix it but after a week there was no improvement, he had no feeling in the leg and I had to put him down. Really don't want to do it with her. Did an autopsy on his leg and there were some fractures so I am expecting similar with her. I wrapped it up and she is acting fine, just looking for any solution that might help. Can't bring her to a vet.
I think it was caused by a predator as we had one drop by right around when it happened. Just happened today.

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_194321.jpg
    IMG_20210327_194321.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 4
I would try looking for cuts as well. Why can’t you bring her to the vet?? maybe take some of that vet wrap and leave it one there a few days and see how it’s going.

I would try looking for cuts as well. Why can’t you bring her to the vet?? maybe take some of that vet wrap and leave it one there a few days and see how it’s going.
i had looked really well, no real cuts (some very minor scrapes tho) i cant bring her to a vet because i cant afford it and even if i could they would give her meds so i couldn't eat or hatch her eggs meaning she wouldn't be able to pay back the bills. (also any time i have brought a chicken to a vet because they are a pet they have always died :'( )
she was vet wrapped but she got out last night. dont know how to re-wrap it so it will stay on, it usually works but she is a feisty one and stresses alot with handling.

Back
Top Bottom