Leg injury UPDATED

I wanted one to help protect since I free range all day every day...
At the moment he seems to be the aggressor hurting the pullets instead of watching over them.

Yesterday evening I moved the 10 week old cockerels into their own coop and run as they started to intimidate and harrass the pullets.

Soon I will make my choice regarding which two or three I will keep and then add them to the main flock to get a good education from the main rooster and the older hens. They will teach them proper manners.

At the moment he seems to be the aggressor hurting the pullets instead of watching over them.

Yesterday evening I moved the 10 week old cockerels into their own coop and run as they started to intimidate and harrass the pullets.

Soon I will make my choice regarding which two or three I will keep and then add them to the main flock to get a good education from the main rooster and the older hens. They will teach them proper manners.
I had 2 and got rid of 1... fortunately he only harasses them first thing in the morning then he just hangs out the rest of the day.

Well since I posted this morning the young man has jumped on me....strike 1.

3 strikes and he's out!! So it's not looking good for his stay with this flock....And I watched the one that was limping yesterday and she doesn't seem to have any limp at all today...she was running around with the rest of the gang today as if nothing had happened. Should I get another roo, it will be one a little older that has better manners.

For real...I may start looking for him a new coop now....strike 3 will be very soon I'm sure.
Aggressive males make wonderful dinners.

episode 4 britains best home cook GIF by BBC

Please, don't pass him on as someone might get injured.

Back
Top Bottom