Leg injury

Joshuwawalker

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 4, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I recently found one of my Mottled Houdan girls hanging upside down from her left leg which was stuck in one of my porch chairs. I gently got her unstuck and checked her out. Everything seems to be in order, however, she isn't walking at all. She stood on the other leg, but won't apply pressure on the leg that was stuck. I'm not sure how long she was hanging like that because I found her shortly after returning home from running errands. No more than an hour because I wasn't gone long and I checked on them before leaving. Any advice on what to look for or what to do would be appreciated. Thank you

Feel it gently to see if there is a break. Wrap the leg with vet wrap, leave it for a few days, that will help her while it heals.

Chickens can heal pretty quickly with just a little help.

I just checked her out pretty thoroughly. She didn't fight me when I felt her leg and there was no indications of a break. I think it might have been initial soreness. She's starting to hobble on that foot now. The strange thing was that the hurt leg was very warm where as he other leg was cold.

Back
Top Bottom