Leg pains?

Trevorusn

Crowing
Apr 15, 2019
New Hampshire
My JG roo Beretta is limping on only one leg and not putting any weight on his other.
20210506_154206.jpg
As you can see, he still crows, eats, drinks, and tries to wrestle with the ladies like normal. I see no bumbles, swelling, redness, excessive heat or feel any breaks or dislocations. He is just at a year old and being a JG is obviously still growing. Are these "growing pains" or something else??
20210506_154213.jpg
20210506_154216.jpg

Last edited:
I would say it's something else.
I would look him over again for any signs of injury and feel him over to see if he had any tender spots along the back, tail, etc., as well.

I would say it's something else.
I would look him over again for any signs of injury and feel him over to see if he had any tender spots along the back, tail, etc., as well.
I'll give him another go over, I know I can do children's Bayer for inflammation, should I start him on a regimen of it till he improves?

Up to you on the aspirin.
A bit of pain limits activity, but if you give the aspirin and it helps, then that would let you know if this is injury.
Keep in mind that aspirin is not a long term solution and shouldn't be given for more than a couple of days.

A bit of pain limits activity, but if you give the aspirin and it helps, then that would let you know if this is injury.
Keep in mind that aspirin is not a long term solution and shouldn't be given for more than a couple of days.
What dosage for children's Bayer should I use? I did use it during a wry neck treatment on a hen, but Beretta must be near 10.5 lbs

So on further inspection the hock area right above his "knee" on the painful leg is slightly swollen. Would this be a pull or something worse?

Back
Top Bottom