Leghorn hens?

WildIrishRose

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 13, 2014
Round Rock, Tx
So I'm new to the Austin area and looking at getting some chickens here soon. Looking through craigslist for some laying chickens and coops that people are selling and I see an ad that strikes my fancy. I email her and she sends pictures of her chickens and coop. She says she doesn't know the breed ( look like white leghorns to me) and they've been laying eggs for about 6mo. Ive attached the best of the pictures.... Now, is it just me, or does that one chicken in the middle look suspiciously like a rooster?? I'm new to chickens and I don't want to get the wrong kind (or gender) for my backyard. But I'd like to start off with 2-3 already laying hens.... Any advice(or threads) where I should look for some quality laying hens in the Austin, Tx (more specifically, Round Rock) area?

Thanks all.

i think they are leghorns. the middle one is a rooster and the bottom one might be a rooster

Alright, glad I'm not the only one how thinks than one looks like a roo. Shyster people. (Or perhaps just truly ignorant) Time to look for some local reputable folks. I'm sure there's some nice people out here with a chicken addiction looking to slim their flock a little... Lol
In the meantime ill scope out building my own coop. ;)
Thanks all!

If you go to McKinney Trade Days (3rd Monday Trade Days) they have chicken farmers there that sell all kinds of chickens. We got our black sex-link and leghorns there.

Back
Top Bottom