Leghorn thread.

One of my first chicks was a brown leghorn who grew into a lovely and truly unique hen. She had the friendliest personality (a real "lap chicken"), always chatty and curious, and such a character. And a good layer, of course.

In contrast, another "first" chick was also a brown leghorn that grew into a beautiful rooster...who was a sneaky, stalking jerk. He was one of the most people-aggressive roosters (and I've raised many) I've encountered. Let's just say looks will only get a rooster like that so far. 😉

I am getting my first chickens on Monday, three leghorns. It is not my first choice, but really my only option right now for laying hens. They are coming from a commercial farm. I'm hoping they will be okay for an urban backyard environment.

We have 1 White Leghorn, and she’s my favorite hen. She’s so funny and cute! Everywhere says that they’re flighty and not friendly, but that’s not always the case.
Plus our white leghorn lays 6-7 eggs a week, which puts our EE and Australorps to shame lol

Back
Top Bottom